The current heavy snowfalls in Les Gets & Morzine are creating awesome conditions on the slopes but the roads can be tricky so here are some tips to make sure you reach us safely.
Once you arrive, free bus shuttles run in both Les Gets & Morzine so consider leaving your car at home and jumping on the bus instead.
If you’re car is stuck in the snow, try turning off the traction control, which, can make it easier to dislodge from a parking spot. Don’t forget to switch it back on again once you’re back on the road.
Kill your speed. Remember that 4X4, traction control and ABS all help but they are not foolproof.
Carry snow chains and know how to put them on. Local police can stop you from accessing certain areas if you don’t have chains on and make sure you have gloves and waterproofs for when you have to put them on.
A few bare essentials are worth carrying in the car for those sticky moments:
- A foldable shovel such as you would carry in your avalanche kit.
- Torch, really handy for putting chains on in the dark.
- Jump leads save your bacon when the cold drains the car battery.
- Water and snacks, if you do get stuck having a bit of fuel for you can really brighten the situation.
- Extra clothes, a car with a flat battery gets cold pretty quickly.