Thank you very much for your interest in booking with the British Alpine Ski School network. We take great care to provide you with a quality of service that exceeds your expectations. We hope that you enjoy your time with us and choose to return soon.
Here is the inevitable small print. Please read carefully and print off a copy if you so require.
All bookings with “BASS Chamonix” or “BASS Megeve” are made with BASS Chamonix Limited, registered in Scotland, 267904, and are subject to these conditions.
1. BASS Chamonix Limited does not insure its clients (whether for medical or rescue costs, against cancellation losses, against the clients’ own liability to third parties, or any other type of insurance) . Most sporting activities have an element of danger and skiing is no exception. Please ensure all members of your party (i.e. all those covered by the booking with BASS Chamonix Limited) have suitable insurance cover in respect of medical and rescue costs, cancellation, and liability to third parties. We recommend that you are adequately covered by a comprehensive winter sports insurance policy from a licensed agent. Some insurance may also cover lift closures due to adverse weather conditions. If booking an off piste course or private lesson please ensure you have a policy that covers skiing/snowboarding off piste. You may be asked to provide a copy of your insurance policy before the start of the course/lesson.
2. Clients attending our courses, Group and private lessons must pay the appropriate fee in full, before joining the lesson. In the case of advance bookings, we will reserve your place for a maximum of ten days from the date of issue of the booking proposal. Please return your remittance within this period. Your booking will be confirmed by the issue of a receipt from our office.
3. Prices may be subject to revision from time to time but are clearly stated on the BASS network website and the BASS Chamonix & BASS Megeve websites. The price for advance bookings will be kept at the amount stated in the booking proposal provided remittance is made within ten days of issue of the fee note.
4. We accept payment by credit card (visa or MasterCard), debit card, BACS (bank transfer) and PayPal.
5. Credit Card transactions processed through Sage Pay online via the network website (www.britishskischool.com) will show on your statement as transactions with Ski Pro Services, Vat Reg no: 720 0407 94, Kings Lynn, Norfolk. .Ski Pro Services acts as agent for BASS Chamonix Limited.
6. All Other transactions will be directly with BASS Chamonix Limited who use WorldPay, BACS and PayPal.
7. Cancellation: In the unfortunate event of you canceling your booking the following charges will apply: More than 6 weeks’ notice – 10% of fee, 2-6 weeks’ notice – 50% of fee, 0-2 weeks’ notice – 100% of fee.
8. BASS Chamonix Limited reserves the right to cancel its lessons for a variety of reasons. Full refunds of unused lessons will be made in this instance if an alternative cannot be provided.
a) In the case of bookings with “BASS Chamonix” for instruction to take place in the Chamonix Valley, BASS Chamonix Limited reserves the right to alter the venue of any Group lesson or private lesson between the different ski areas of the Chamonix Valley in which BASS Chamonix operates (Le Tour, La Vormaine, Les Grands Montets, Les Chosalets, Flegere, Brevent, Savoy and Les Houches) at no less than 1 hours’ notice where this is deemed necessary in the opinion of BASS Chamonix Limited or the instructor due to adverse weather conditions, poor snow conditions, lift closure, or the skiing ability of the client or others undertaking instruction with the client.
b) In the case of bookings with “BASS Megeve” for instruction to take place in the Evasion Mt Blanc ski area, BASS Chamonix Limited reserves the right to alter the venue of any Group lesson or private lesson between the different ski areas of the Evasion Mt Blanc ski area in which BASS Megeve operates (Megeve, Jaillet, Combloux, St Gervais, Les Contamines, Giettaz, Praz sur Arly.) at no less than 1 hours’ notice where this is deemed necessary in the opinion of BASS Chamonix Limited or the instructor due to adverse weather conditions, poor snow conditions, lift closure, or the skiing ability of the client or others undertaking instruction with the client.
9. Should clients not show for the lessons booked and paid for, through ill health, injury or any other valid reason, no refund will be given. Nor will any refund be given in the event of lift closures due to adverse weather, change of venue as set out in clause 8 above, or other circumstances outside the control of BASS Chamonix Limited. However, we will, if requested, provide a letter for submission to the client’s insurers setting out the fact of cancellation and the reason given by the client or confirming the fact of lift closures.
10. Where a booking is made for a Group lesson, rather than a Private lesson, BASS Chamonix Limited has a minimum required number of participants for each type of Group lesson, as stated on the BASS Chamonix & BASS Megeve websites. Please refer to the website for the minimum Group lesson size for your booked lessons. If we cannot fulfill the specified number for your Group lesson we will offer you a choice of either converting to private lessons or a full refund.
11. Children’s Group lessons are ordinarily not available outside school holiday periods. Exceptionally, at our discretion, we may accept a booking for a Group lesson if at least 4 children of the same level are booked to attend the same lesson at the same time.
12. We will not teach children in Group lessons who are under the age of 6 but can provide private lessons.
13. Group lessons can vary in ability due to people’s understanding of their level and our description, we reserve the right to re-arrange participants and instructors undertaking Group lessons, as we see fit, for the benefit of the group and individuals. But this is at our discretion and availability. Changes can not be demanded by the clients.
14. To ensure that we can provide the best, most enjoyable and safest lessons for you and your family or party please provide us with any relevant health & injury information which can enable the Instructor to look after you and all within the group. This information should ideally be provided by email before you arrive in resort, but if you have not done so please provide it directly to the instructor on the day (please help us to help you).
15. Booking with us is purely for the participation of the lesson and and does not include the hire of any equipment, uplift ticket or personal insurance (as stated in item 1 above).
16. Booking contracts are subject to Scottish law and any dispute arising under or relating to a client’s booking with BASS Chamonix Limited is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts
17. If our service does not meet your expectations please speak with your instructor and contact the office when you are in resort to see if we can resolve the situation for you.